Get to know me in three:
- My home away from home:
- I love to be in the mountains - Vermont and Colorado are two favorites. The stillness and quiet provide a nice reset from the everyday business of life.
- Name one to three values instilled in you as a child that influence you today:
- Creativity, adaptability, and perseverance. My childhood was somewhat unconventional - we lived way out in the country, and my parents were artists whose dreams were sometimes bigger than what they could accomplish. This led to many opportunities and adventures where these values were all but required.
- The challenge that shaped me:
- I grew up in small-town, rural Ohio, and like many small towns, everybody knew everything about everyone. Our family dealt with alcoholism and domestic violence, and as a kid, that’s not the kind of thing you want advertised. I got really good at pretending that nothing was wrong, and at denying my own experience. My childhood taught me that there is power in telling your story, and that you may not always know what's going on underneath the surface for someone else.
Zoe’s career has been guided by the belief that people do their best work when they are engaged, included, and invested in their company’s mission and goals. With over 18 years of leadership experience in nonprofit healthcare, business support operations, and global retail, Zoe is highly skilled at making connections and developing shared priorities to promote sustained engagement and inclusion. As a D&I practitioner, Zoe has developed and facilitated hundreds of workshops, chartered and launched sponsorship programs, and led the design of multi-level D&I Curriculums.
Prior to joining LCW, Zoe served as the Senior Manager of Diversity and Inclusion at L Brands, a Fortune 500 company, where she supported the development and execution of D&I strategies across their global retail enterprise. Before her time in retail, Zoe spent a decade in nonprofit healthcare, serving in operational and D&I roles for Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio and OhioHealth.
Zoe is a graduate of The Ohio State University with a bachelor’s degree in Women’s and Gender Studies. She is active in the community as a Girl Scout Troop Leader, and as a member of the Columbus Impact & Inclusion Advisory Board. She does pro-bono commercial voice work, and mentors current OSU students in the Buckeye Penpal Program.
Zoe lives in Columbus, Ohio, with her husband, four kids, two cats, one hamster, and an overabundance of houseplants. In her free time, you might find her gardening, re-organizing her home, or reading from the stack of books near her bed that never stops growing.