Get to know me in three:
- My home away from home:
- I still have deep roots in India, and a strong network in the UK, but I think I am most at home on a canoe in the middle of a lake in the Canadian wilderness!
- The values that influence me:
- Respect, service, and reliability.
- The challenge that shaped me:
- I went to boarding school at the tender age of 11 and shortly thereafter, moved to the UK for high school and then again the US for college. As a result, I have a lot of experience flexing between opposite cultures, whether its adjusting to national cultures different from my own, switching between organizational cultures, or effectively managing a team of personalities very different from my own!
Every day, Shona uses her 15+ years of expertise in national and international justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) to help clients strategically achieve and sustain their organizational goals. Whether developing digital assets, facilitating workshops, or consulting, her goal is to empower individuals to resolve challenges, build sustainable and effective strategies, and promote belonging in the workplace.
Born and raised in India, Shona’s international understanding spans the world: from Kenya, to Dubai, to the UK. Her work is informed by global experience working with people with disabilities, youth & young professionals, a range of national cultures, communities of color, and LGBTQ communities. Her experience ranges from international development work with UNICEF-India, non-profit work designing curriculum for Penumbra Theatre and Kaotic Good Productions, D&I work in corporate and educational entities, such as Rasmussen College, Lender Processing Services and Anoka-Hennepin School District, and leading D&I initiatives for the MN Historical Society and the Science Museum of Minnesota. She is the co-author of the Science Museum’s Racial Equity Statement. At LCW, she has taken a lead role in developing LCW’s Mini-Workshops for Inclusion Champions Series, various disabilities programs and best practices for global BRGs. Her clients include Verizon, Cargill, Colgate, Bungie, Boston Scientific, Allstate, Unilever, and U.S. Bank.
Shona received her Master’s in Liberal Studies with a focus on social justice advocacy and her Bachelor’s in Psychology & Management from Hamline University, with a minor in Theater. A recent US citizen, Shona lives in Saint Paul with her husband.