Get to know me in three:
- My home away from home:
- Pai, Thailand. The carefree nature shared by all the people who pass through stays with you for a lifetime.
- The values that influence me:
- Authenticity, transparency, and limitless abundance.
- The challenge that shaped me:
- During my junior year of college, I studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa. There, I grappled with my identity, made lifelong friends, and learned the importance of seizing the moment.
Emani Richmond is a skilled communication professional with direct experience working within various business educational settings across Asia and North America. She leverages her communication and media background to ask questions that drive towards action and a deeper understanding of diverse perspectives.
Before joining LCW, Emani served her community as a Teach For America corps member where she stood on the front lines of educational equity. Her passion is grounded in elevating the voices of traditionally marginalized communities and highlighting their strengths. She earned her BA in Communications, and certificate in Leadership Studies at Hollins University and her MAT in Elementary Education.
Emani currently lives in Charlotte, NC. In her spare time, she enjoys visiting national parks, sampling vegan restaurants, and experiencing live jazz music.