Open the door to authentic, yearlong conversations on the topics that matter most to your diverse team! LCW’s discounted Mini-Workshop Bundle couples eight of our proven training sessions with heritage, affinity, and pride months throughout 2023.
Each mini-workshop includes tangible activities and takeaways that efficiently teach best practices for cultural competence. At 60 minutes in length, these introductory-level programs are an excellent first step in engaging and supporting colleagues, customers, and communities from a broad range of cultures. Organizations will partner with LCW expert facilitators in addressing diverse cultural challenges, bias scenarios, and tailored case studies to intentionally build upon inclusive behaviors and skillsets.
The included mini-workshop selection is listed below with suggested months for mindful implementation; note that delivery can be personalized according to your organization’s schedule.
- Spotlight on the Black Community / February (Black History Month)
- Women in Leadership / March (Women’s History Month)
- Being an Ally for the Asian American Community / May (AAPI Heritage Month)
- Spotlight on the LGBTQ+ Community / June (LGBTQ+ Pride Month)
- Spotlight on People with Disabilities / July (Disability Pride Month)
- Spotlight on the Latinx/Hispanic Community / September (Hispanic Heritage Month)
- Spotlight on Indigenous People in North America / October (Indigenous Peoples’ Day), November (Native American Heritage Month)
- Spotlight on U.S. Veterans / November (Veterans’ Day)
Choose the bundle that fits your needs!
Secure your limited-time discount by November 30, 2022.
All Year Long: (20% Discount)
Purchase the full bundle of 8 mini-workshops
Quarterly Programs: (10% Discount)
Select any 4 mini-workshops
Spotlight on the Black Community
This session looks at historical events, then and now, which have shaped the Black experience in the U.S. It then debunks stereotypes, walks us through common challenges Black Talent must often navigate in the workplace, and builds actionable insight regarding the Black experience. We also explore ideas for engaging this community on its own terms, so that we’re better able to recognize and leverage the skills, strengths, and talents they bring to your organization’s success.
- Explore some important factors that shape the lived experience of the Black community in the U.S.
- Describe key experiences that influence and affect your Black colleagues
- Consider strategies for productively working with your Black colleagues
- Apply what we’ve learned to promote inclusion and connect more effectively with Black/African American individuals at your workplace
Women in Leadership
In this Mini-Workshop, we celebrate women as leaders and agents of change. We look at the strengths and weaknesses of the “lean in” philosophy, explore second generation gender bias, and unpack some of the structural obstacles women of color rising to leadership positions face. We also learn actions women of any background can take to advance and lead.
- Describe actions women can take to lead and be agents of change
- Discuss factors that affect how much women can actually “lean in”, including the limitations it presents to women from varying cultures or socio-economic backgrounds
- Affirm the value of female leadership
- Explain strategies to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality
- Learn how to leverage mentors and allies to create an inclusive workplace
Being an Ally for the Asian American Community
Against a backdrop of xenophobia and anti-Asian hate incidents, including the massacre of eight people in Atlanta in March 2021, six of whom were Asian women, this session explores the rise in anti-Asian racism since the emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic. It also looks at the history of anti-Asian racism in the U.S. and reminds us that this is not a new conversation. This is an engaging session moderated by subject matter experts representing diverse perspectives.
- Frame the conversation in a larger context: U.S. history of anti-Asian racism
- Discuss the current state of anti-Asian hate and discrimination and its impact on Asian communities
- Explore tactics and strategies for being an ally to Asian communities
Spotlight on the LGBTQ+ Community
Introduces LGBTQ+ culture, vocabulary, current context, and provides best practices for engaging and supporting colleagues within the LGBTQ+ community and the expansive diversity within. This will include exploring gender expansive identities and inclusive language practices.
- Delineate why inclusion of the LGBTQ+ community must be priority for employers of choice
- Differentiate the cultural values of the LGBTQ+ community, including shared experiences and common influences
- Develop strategies for being an active ally to the LGBTQ+ community
Spotlight on People with Disabilities
Spotlight on People with Disabilities is an an interactive exploration of disability. Participants will examine the social, medical and legal definitions of disability, and the various meanings and connotations in each context. Then, participants will define the visible and invisible aspects of disabilities and learn strategies for respectful interactions. An exploration of microaggressions, their impact, and what to do about them leads to tactics and behaviors to create a more inclusive environment for people with disabilities. At the end of the session, participants will learn how to apply their learning to their own workplace.
- Define visible and invisible disabilities
- Demonstrate strategies for respectfully interacting with people with disabilities
- Describe examples of microinequities and their impact on people with disabilities
- Share tips and strategies for creating a more inclusive environment for people with disabilities
- Apply what we’ve learned in the session to promote inclusion at your workplace and to connect more effectively with people with disabilities
Spotlight on the Latinx/Hispanic Community
This session debunks myths, unpacks stereotypes, and builds actionable insight regarding the Hispanic and Latinx experience, both inside and outside the workplace. We will also explore ideas for engaging these communities on their own terms, so that we’re better able to recognize and leverage the skills, strengths, and talents they bring to your organization’s success.
- Delineate why inclusion of the Latinx community must be priority for employers of choice
- Differentiate the cultural values of the Latinx community, including shared experiences and common influences
- Develop strategies for being an active ally to the Latinx community
Spotlight on Indigenous People in North America
Indigenous societies have flourished for thousands of years in the Americas, and their cultural contributions continue to impact modern life across North America. Today, there are over 560 federally recognized Native American tribes in the U.S. and more than 630 First Nation communities in Canada. This session investigates the complicated relationship between Indigenous communities and the government, explores the rich traditions of Indigenous peoples, and shares insight on some of the social issues faced by Indigenous communities today, so you can begin to understand the experience of your Indigenous talent, clients, and market.
- Describe key experiences that affect your Indigenous people colleagues
- Consider strategies for productively working with your Indigenous people colleagues and communities
- Apply what we’ve learned in the session to promote inclusion at your workplace and connect more effectively with Indigenous clients and markets
Spotlight on U.S. Veterans
Spotlight on U.S. Veterans describes the influences, experiences, skills and values of veterans to better attract, hire and leverage their assets to promote collaboration and inclusion at work.
- Explain the benefits of our veteran colleagues and how their military culture influenced their perspective, mindset, and values
- Describe strategies for better engaging veterans and utilizing their strengths in leadership and teamwork
- Apply what we have learned to promote inclusion in our workplace and better connect with our customers